Sunday, April 5, 2009

The puppies have arrived!

My sister's Rottweiler, Cinderly, gave birth last Tuesday to 12 puppies. I visited them on Friday and snapped some photos. They all have different colored ribbons around their neck so my sister can keep track of them. I nicknamed the one with the orange ribbon "Beav."
On Friday I also took my class of their first field trip of the year. I am not going to go into details. We survived, only to the thanks of my wonderful volunteers, Kaitlynn, Brittany, and my mother. I seriously would have suffered from a brain embolism without you.Additionally, I went to the doctor on Friday to discuss my chronic neck pain. I was told that I am carrying a lot of "stress and tension" in my neck. However, my blood pressure has not skyrocketed, as one would imagine, especially considering the field trip that day. Instead, my blood pressure is 90/70, which is extremely low. In case you were wondering, normal blood pressure is considered at about 120/80. It is so low that I suffer from a medical condition called Orthostatichypotension, which I was diagnosed with at age 14. I just didn't know then that it was because I had unusually low blood pressure. Basically, with orthostatichypotension, if you get up too quickly from a lying or sitting position, you can become dizzy, blackout, or faint. But don't worry. If you do pass out, you will quickly regain consciousness once you hit the ground. This happens to me all the time (not the full on passing out, but the dizziness, and I feel like even though my eyes are open, I am blind and can't see anything for a few seconds). I am a bit pissed that my blood pressure is so low, because I was really hoping for medical proof that my job is a health hazard. But no, I have lots of room for rising blood pressure. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails