Sunday, April 12, 2009

Binging on chocolate eggs

I figured I should blog because 1) I need something to distract myself from the bag of mini chocolate eggs that is sitting in front of me, 2) I don't want to do my laundry, 3) I don't want to grade papers (do I ever?) and 2) IT'S EASTER.

I'm so glad that a giant, fluffy rabbit died for my sins on a cross and delivers egg filled baskets to children everywhere so that they may have a new life through him...What's that? You mean the Easter Bunny and candy and egg hunts have nothing to do with Easter? That it is more of a marketing scheme to get those people who are not Christians to buy into the holiday? My bad.

I don't have anything profound to say about the resurrection of Jesus, so sorry. But I believe that it happened, and I believe in God, and I'm a Christian, and if I didn't have Jesus in my life then my life would totally suck. I don't even want to imagine it. I was just giving a speech to my kids last week about how there comes a point where sorry doesn't mean anything anymore. If you keep doing something and just tell me sorry afterwards, it doesn't mean anything. They can't fix the mistake because it's already been done. They can't give me back the time they wasted, or pay back materials or supplies ruined, or take back hurtful words, etc. If God were being totally fair with us, sorry shouldn't mean anything to him either. Because I don't know about you, but I make a lot of the same mistakes sometimes. Thankfully for us, God has a lot of mercy and if we ask for forgiveness, he will accept that. It's really quite amazing, because like I said with my kids, the apologies from repeat offenders just don't mean much to me anymore. But God loves us enough to continue to show mercy and give grace.

On to less serious topics...

While at Easter dinner, I confessed to my aunt that when I was young I had a really big crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas. She was like "Who's that?" and I dropped my jaw and said "Are you kidding me?" Then I told her I secretly wanted a poster of him when I was 12, but I was slightly embarrassed and knew my mom wouldn't let me have a poster of a super hot boy in my room. My aunt said "Oh, you should have told me, I would have bought you one." But I said, "I was okay. I had a poster of The Lion King instead, because he was the voice of Simba."

This upcoming weekend I am puppy sitting for 13 dogs total. AHHH! I think that while my sister and brother-in-law are out of town I should throw a really raging party. Or at least use her hot tub. And watch her movies. And cuddle with a little puppy. I really think a pancake party is in order (rainbow dotted pancakes with whip cream) and I know that if Lenay Olsen wasn't living in California right now, she'd totally be up for it, because she loves pancakes. In fact, here is a video of Lenay selling pancakes on the side of the road for gas money.

Oh heavens. I've almost eaten the whole bag of chocolate eggs. I'm going to go into sugar shock.

45 days until school's out. Just in case you were wondering. I'm slightly considering trying to get a summer school job teaching middle school English, but more of me just wants to do nothing. During the summer I want to dye my hair pink and wear ratty jeans and screen printed t-shirts and flip flops because all of these things are inappropriate for school. And I want to wake up at 9am every morning and stay out in the sun and write and read. I will stay up super late and not do any paperwork and dance on a roof top (if I have access to one). Join me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails