Sunday, April 19, 2009

All the children follow me

I'm like Santa Claus, it seems like all of the children know me. These children's ability to spot me out in a crowd means that I can never safely go any where thinking no one I know will see me in sweat pants or messy hair or whatever. I went shopping this weekend, and in the span of two hours I saw 3 children I knew. Or rather, they saw me. I saw a former student at Old Navy. Then I went to another store and saw a kid who goes to the school I teach at now. I was never his teacher, but he recognized me because I talk to him almost daily in the bus line.

Then I went to Sears and this small child turns and says "Hi misses Grossen." I said "Hi, how are you?" even though I have no idea who he was. He was way too young to have ever been my student, and he wasn't with any older kids who were my student. He is a mystery to me, but it didn't even take him five seconds to remember my name, so obviously I know him. Some how. It's hard to remember the context of all these children. I've worked at three different schools in Salem, I worked in the children's library one summer, and at the Boys and Girls club the next. I see a lot of kids. Basically, I'm not safe anywhere.

I finished puppy sitting and now I'm at home doing laundry. Well, not right now of course. I need to go check and see if it's time to put it in the dryer. And good news! I actually graded a lot of math stuff this weekend! Like, seven out of the ten pounds of it. Now I'm going to go make a sandwich out of fake salami. It's made of soy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails