Friday, April 24, 2009

How did he leave?

Without a goodbye.

It was the entire basis of the novel I'm working on. Amazing how one little thing can trigger an eighty-thousand word manuscript. I was looking through my notes, at the page where I was trying to figure out the relationship development between my main characters. I knew where I wanted them, but wasn't sure how they got their considering how they met.

My question: "How did they become friends? When was the moment?"
My answer, after much thinking: "She had to see it in him. The moment of compassion where she likes him, the moment of desperation where she loves him."

One of my favorite sentences "I couldn't love him for all of the reasons that I did love him."

How I wish this manuscript was finished so I could send it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails