Saturday, April 25, 2009

12 dollar boots (w/o the fur)

Today I got my haircut. My appt. started at 2:30 and I left the chair at 4:10. Yeah, that's right, an hour and forty minutes of chopping. It's true that my stylist took like three breaks to answer the phone, but still. While I was there, about five high school girls were getting their hair done for prom. How much more dramatic could it be? So and so has to be home by 12:30, there are no hot guys at their school (except some guy named Grant, who everyone wants), my parents are losers, etc. My hair is a lot shorter now, and I'd post a picture except that I am too lazy to do that right now. Maybe later.

Last weekend I went shopping and I bought these super sweet boots for twelve bucks. TWELVE DOLLARS. They were more or less exactly what I was looking for. And they are actually comfortable. The best part about them is that the heels click when I walk, thus giving me more power in the classroom. Stomping heels make kids nervous.

Speaking of kids, on my way home today (because I was super lame and went into work on a Saturday), I was driving by the Boys and Girls Club and saw my all time favorite kid from last year, Daniel. He is super adorable and funny and I just love him. He's a 5th grader this year, and I figured he'd be all big and old looking, but I saw him walking on the sidewalk with his dad and he is still small and adorable. Maybe it's just my 4th graders this year, but it just seems like they are way too big to be 10 years old. My kids last year were a lot smaller, and they were the same age. I mean, isn't it wrong that I weigh less than several of my students? It's spring and they are finally a little bit taller than me.

It's midnight and I need to go to bed. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. How did you get boots for $12 that don't turn your feet into sobbing piles of mush?!

    Lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails