Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Attacked by a canine, no joke!

The left sleeve of my jacket is currently suffering from bite marks and a hole. This is because I was viciously attacked by a Rottweiler named Thor today. It was unexpected, considering I've been around Thor on more than one occasion. My sister, Jess, asked me on Sunday if I would stop by so she could show me what to do with the puppies and so "we can make sure Thor won't bite your arm off." Her very words. This made me hesitant because like I said, I'd been around Thor before and he was fine.

I went to Jess's house and Thor was chained up outside. Travis was holding on to his collar so Thor wouldn't run and attack me. I got closer slowly, held out my hand to pat him on the head, and then Thor growled menacingly and lunged at me, teeth tearing my coat sleeve as I pulled away.

This has caused me to rethink the puppy sitting. I told Jess and Travis I probably would not let Thor out of his kennel. I will get a tube and siphon his dog food in through the chain link fence. He won't get to exercise. He deserves it after trying to maul me. I told Thor if he tried that again, I would take him to the dentist and have every last one of his teeth pulled. Then he would be all gums and have to eat applesauce.

I'm not worried about Cinderly. Good thing too, since she will be staying inside the house with her puppies. I've known Cinderly since she was 6 weeks old, and she is a very aggressive Rottweiler. On the other hand, Thor was recently adopted from another home. Plus he is male and still has all his man parts. Hence the puppies.

I am still kinda mad about my coat. But I guess I should be thankful Thor didn't get any skin. However, if he did, then I totally could have texted Jeff (our assistant principal) and been all "I'm not coming to work on Wednesday because I lost part of my arm and I'm at the hospital losing blood." And then he would be like "well, it's a good thing you've only used 1.2 hours of your sick leave." Speaking of taking time off, I found out today that I have 2 personal days that I need to use up by the end of May or they disappear forever. I have no idea what to use them for, but I definitely need to use them. What sort of fun things could I do instead of going to work?

Right now I am eating the chocolate cross that my mom got me for Easter. It's not as satisfying as bunny ears, and a bit strange as well. I mean, essentially I am eating a chocolatized version of the murder weapon that killed Jesus Christ. It's not like they sell chocolate handguns. But they do make delicious death trees that the savior of the world perished on.

2 comments:

  1. yes, a chocolate cross does seem quite strange. and i would not want to go anywhere near that dog again. AND i think you should take a personal day and come visit me at Swegle, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Thor attacked you. I might have to remove my previous offer to come and help you with all those dogs. I think Natalie's idea for a personal day is a little off, you are supposed to get away from children. You should take one on a Friday and we can go somewhere fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails