Monday, June 29, 2009

Last post for a while (?)

This will likely be my last post for a while, and unfortunately I probably won't get to blog as much as I'd like over the summer, however there is still a chance. Within the hour I will be disconnecting my computer, loading it into my trunk, and driving it to my parents house (tomorrow). Internet access at the 'rents is sparse, due to the crappy connection and picky father. Good news is that my sister got Internet AND cable installed at her house yesterday.

I am hoping she will be nice and let me use her computer for say, forty-minutes three times a week. Hopefully we will work out a deal where she gives me a house key and I can use her computer while she is at work, so I don't have to be a pain to her (little sisters will always be pains to their older siblings, no matter what). And then you know, maybe I could watch some HGTV on her cable.

She seriously said she would make me a list of chores to do while she is gone that I can do to "earn internet and TV privileges." Cute, right?

Enough about that. I will be in this great house in Mo-town for less than 24 hours. Liz and Natalie should be home any minute to start the cleaning party. We are all sleeping on the floor tonight and sharing memories of this house. I am really going to miss the fact that the library is right down the street.

And I am going to miss checking on the old people right before I go to bed.

And I will miss Harry Potter's room (the closet under the stairs).

Ugh, this seems so final.

I really am going to do my best to keep posting, even if it's just a short little one to let you know I am alive and going insane with parents.

Happy Fourth of July in advance.

Love you, thanks for reading this year. I will likely miss writing this a lot more than you will miss reading them. But it's not over. It's like a vacation. A 30 day vacation in a cram packed room on farmland with two crazy parents who want to treat you like you are still 13. But at least they have AC. Seriously, it is getting so hot.

Okay, I really am going to disconnect my computer now. Seriously. Chow, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails