Friday, June 12, 2009

It is finished

When I go back to work on Monday, it will just be me working in the solitude of my empty (okay, near empty) classroom. Right now I'm so sleepy and I feel so strange, both physically and emotionally. It's sort of but not really like three summers ago when I moved out of the residence halls for good, ending my stint as an RA and on-campus student. So many things were happening, both happy and sad.

I remember driving down Monmouth Ave. at 11:45 at night with my trunk open, trying to get to my new home without getting pulled over by public safety. Emotionally, I was twisted. I literally ate nothing for three days--it was only when my mom came to help me move my bed in and she took me out to eat that I realized I hadn't consumed anything since my last meal in Valsetz.

I definitely just ate some yogurt (and a stawberry margarita earlier), so no worries there, but I just feel kind of like I'm detached from myself. Everything that has been sprung on us at work for the past three weeks is showing me that next year is going to be drastically different. Drastically.

Oh, and I will be homeless in two weeks. Maybe I just need to drug myself and wake up in the morning with a cleared head. Actually, drugs are probably not necessary. At this point, I could go into a self induced coma after I fall asleep.

Being an adult, part 2 starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails