Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm going to my HS reunion w/ a fake BF

I am currently attempting to organize every nook and cranny of my bedroom, in preparation for the upcoming move. Actually, that is a lie. I am currently typing. It's a dismally gray day, and while I woke up at 6:30am, I couldn't find the motivation to get out of bed and drive into school like I had tentatively planned. It's better that I didn't. Besides, it's Saturday.

I'm using this weekend to go through my room and scrounge up anything I need to take to school so I can leave it there for the summer and not have to pack it around with me during my homeless state. One thing I definitely should have had on my desk at work is my red easy button from Staples. I need to hit my garage because I am fairly certain there is stuff in there that I don't want to haul around either, like binders and a rotating office supply holder, and a near empty bottle of mango rum.

Next Saturday (the day after kids leave) I am going in to drop off all my crap, pack up the crap that I need to work on over the summer, do grades, and start cleaning my classroom. They give us Monday and Tuesday to do this stuff, but I feel like it's going to take longer than 16 hours.

In exactly 11 days I can indulge myself by wearing jeans and flip flops everyday. And tank tops. I wanted to dye my hair slightly blond/possibly magenta, but I figured I should hold off until July because my five year high school reunion is at the end of June, and I don't want to go with a bad hair dye job. My high school friend Brittany doesn't sound too excited about going, but I'm like "Britt. We're not fat. We have jobs. We're not knocked up. If the reunion's lame we can peace out early." I'm not sure she's convinced. The good thing about the reunion is that it is on June 26th, which will be before I am homeless.

Oh, good news. Grade level placements were given on Thursday, and I am still teaching 4th grade in the same classroom. So is Susan. The other two teachers on our 4th grade team got moved to different grades, which means they were replaced by two other teachers. Sadly, these teachers are not happy about teaching 4th grade. So now fifty percent of next years' fourth grade team is not excited about it.

Also, last Thursday's tornado warning? Insane. I was stuck at school for an extra 40 minutes on the one day I needed to leave at 4. Then it took me an hour and thirty-five minutes to get home because the lights were out at two intersections, creating a twelve way stop.

The hope I have for my offer being accepted by the seller's bank is dissipating. I guess they are sending a mortgage broker from the bank to look at the house and decide how much it should sell for. Hello? Why wasn't this done before the sellers made a listing price? Because I have a feeling the bank is going to want more than I can afford. I mean, the sellers had shaved $70,000 off of their price. So I am preparing to be disappointed in about two weeks. Homeless and disappointed.

In other news, my most naughty student finally got in-school suspension. But only for two hours. If you ask me, he should have gotten it in January. I finally realized who my naughty child reminds me of. He looks and acts exactly like Spencer Pratt from The Hills. Only Spencer doesn't always yell when he's being rude. Sometimes he says rude things in a soft voice. Naughty Child always yells. But they both do that idiotic thing where they try to mock someone and just end up looking like assholes. Only they don't know they look and sound like assholes.

One of my co-workers mentioned friend requesting me on Facebook. She knows I have it. Only, I can't accept her because then she'd read this and know that I really, truly, dislike my students sometimes.

Okay. I am going back to organizing the paper clips in my desk drawer.

Oh, and the blog title? All lies. No fake boyfriend coming with me to my reunion. Though I have to say I thought about it. Mostly because it'd make for an interesting story afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails