Friday, June 26, 2009

Mini Blog

I forgot to tell you yesterday that I cleaned up some apostrophe abuse while out in the sunshine. Britt and I went to the carousel and took the horses for a spin. Afterward I was dying of thirst so we stopped at a little snow cone/Italian soda cart. I ordered a strawberry Italian soda with whipped cream, and while waiting I noticed that they were advertising "Italian soda's and iced mocha's." I know right? How incredibly annoying. So after I paid, I faked like I dropped a coin on the ground and while bending down I quickly erased the apostrophe on soda's because it was written with a dry erase marker. I didn't have time to get the one on mocha's though. I didn't tell them, but they probably should have given me a discount for correcting their punctuation and making them look smarter. In case you didn't know, an apostrophe makes something possessive, not plural. Unless you meant for it to be a contraction, in which case you would be saying "Italian soda is"....what?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails