Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Why I hate TV

Last night I told Natalie that I am never watching "reality" shows ever again, only TV shows I know are completely fictional. You just never know what the truth is these days. I was extremely upset at how the end of The Bachelor turned out. Yes, Jason did what I wanted and proposed to Melissa. Then six weeks (but essentially five minutes in TV time) later he dumps her and wants Molly back. Seriously, what the heck? Who does that to someone? Who full on proposes, and then takes it back? If you are going to propose, you better know for sure. Anyway, I was super pissed and glad it was over so that I will never watch The Bachelor ever again, or any other reality show.

But I have to take it back, because today I watched After the Final Rose Ceremony, part TWO. In this stupid episode, they bring Jason and Molly back to see how they are doing (hate them both now), but then the host announces who the new bachelorette is going to be. Of course it's Jillian. Love her. I said that I would never watch The Bachelor again unless it were Melissa or Jillian. Well, Jason was an idiot and is with neither girl, and now the spotlight's going to be on Jill. Now I have to watch it.

I know the only reason they picked their new bachelorette immediately was because they knew every woman in America was hating on ABC. No one was going to watch again unless it were Jillian. This is how this awful chain of addiction happened. ABC knows just what to do.
event 1: Brad Womack chooses neither Jenny nor DeAnna in the end. He sends both girls home and does not want to pursue either relationship further. America is stunned and outraged.
response 1: ABC chooses DeAnna as the bachelorette, because America liked her and wanted to see her find her happy ending.
event 2: The Bachelorette airs, with DeAnna starring. In the end, she chooses snowboarder Jesse over the obvious choice, Jason. America is stunned and semi-outraged. Many woman plea with ABC to have Jason be the next bachelor.
response 2: ABC chooses Jason for The Bachelor, because his heart was broken with DeAnna, since he was down on one knee about to propose.
event 3: Jason stars in his show, proposes to Melissa, then breaks it off six weeks later on national television. Then he asks his second choice, Molly, if she'll take him back. She agrees. Poor Melissa leaves broken hearted. America is stunned and extremely outraged like never before.
response 3: ABC wastes no time in selecting and announcing the bachelorette, Jillian, who was the third runner up. Everyone loved her since she was totally honest, fun, and real (also, not a bitch like some people with names starting with m and ending in olly).
event 4: Jillian will star as the bachelorette. Hopefully she will find the man of her dreams and not break some other cute guy's heart, because if she does....then....
response 4: the cute guy she dumps will be the next bachelor, and I'll have to watch that crap too. Make a smart choice, Jill, please.

While I am mad, it's not my life, so I can probably get over it in a day or two. On the plus side, my last two books came in the mail, so I am going to have some really good reading over the weekend (after student grades are done on Friday).

I am going to sleep at 8:30 because I have been sick for the last seven days now, but cannot convince myself to get a sub for tomorrow. My personality won't allow it. I only missed one college class in all my life because I was really ill, and I missed like five days all of high school. I don't miss work. Sucks, too, since I get paid for being sick and staying at home.

1 comment:

  1. you seriously only missed 5 days in high school?

    and ONE CLASS in college?

    are you kidding me?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails