Tuesday, March 10, 2009

31009

My finger did not fall off last night.

That said, because I know you were concerned....in fact, I had a teacher come into my room this morning to check on me because she was so worried...anyway, that said, I have to say that it is a shame that some people (who will go un-named, but it doesn't really matter because I highly doubt they read this anyway), do not appreciate my humor. I am in no way saying that I am a slide-splitting comedian, but I think I am funny enough. I will be completely honest with you and say that I usually laugh at things I say more often than at other people's jokes. Probably I am just a jerk. And okay, maybe you read this blog everyday and never laugh. I am sorry. Maybe I am not so much funny as clever. I said it, I think I'm clever. Maybe you don't, and that's fine.

I am just saying, I think it is really sad that some people are so unappreciative of my witty e-mails. And okay, I understand said person may lack in written communication skills. And perhaps certain similes or metaphors could be viewed as offensive. But still, you have to admit, it was clever. You certainly never would have thought of it.

I would just like to assure you (the reader of this blog) are not the target of the above written paragraphs. I know you appreciate me. That's why you read this. Above mentioned person, however, does not read this blog, does not appreciate me, and has the inability to write sentences containing more than seven words. I feel like writing more about them because I know they will absolutely never read this, but I won't. Because I'm done.

New topic.

Melissa from The Bachelor--you know, the poor girl who was proposed to and then dumped on national television?--is part of the cast for Dancing with the Stars. I never watch this show, but I think I might, just because I really liked her. I will probably ff to the part where she and her partner dances, because I could care less about everyone else. They didn't get their hearts broken and have their fiance leave them to go out with the snotty Molly. Hate her. Go Melissa!

I have still not uploaded any of my saved files back onto my computer. Like, absolutely nothing. I have found that this prevents me from doing work. Not only I have I not done lesson plans over the weekend since the crashing of my computer, but I haven't really done anything fun either, like work on my book that really needs to get finished (mostly so I can quit my job).

Today I took a book to the gym while I was on the elliptical, and I have to say the time went by much faster. By the time I read a chapter, ten minutes had already past! Wowzie time flew by with a funny book (Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris). Sad part is I only have two chapters left. = ( Something that made me laugh was this part that was all "I'm really excellent at keeping secrets. I don't tell a soul. This one time in high school I had a baby and nobody even knew. I gave birth to it in the woods behind my house, and as soon as I was finished cleaning myself up, I took it in to give it up for adoption. Actually, I just left it on the steps of the agency in a cardboard box lined with blankets. I didn't want a paper trail. But I'm not heartless, I stayed around long enough to make sure someone picked it up. I am really good at keeping secrets." Or something along those lines. It was absolutely hilarious.

By the way, and I don't know where I read this, but it is totally true and equally as humorous. The article (or whatever I was reading) said that lol written after any statement can completely destroy the credibility of said statement. For example: I have cancer. lol. I love you. lol. I really think you should stay in school and finish your degree. lol. My pet died. lol. 911 emergency, how can I help you? lol. See what I mean?

1 comment:

  1. a) i totally appreciate your humor, wit, AND cleverness
    b) glad your finger didn't fall off
    c) i really just can't workout as well if i'm not reading - music is not enough to distract me
    d) i hate the worksample

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails