Sunday, March 1, 2009

Near Domestic Failure

I went grocery shopping today and basically had to throw myself into the refrigerated cheese section in order to reach the very last bag of shredded Mexican cheese. If I had been three inches taller, the task would have been infinitely easier. Instead I assembled blocks of Tillamook chedder to make some stairs leading up to the lonely Mexi cheese bag. More or less. But I was so happy that I got there in time to get the last bag. In retrospect, a good idea would have been to jump inside my shopping cart, scoot over to the cheese bag, and then stand up in the cart to reach it. Good ideas always come after the fact.

Despite having my computer up and running again, I have not attempted to reload any of my files saved to CDs, and I have not tried to reload music back up to iTunes, due to the fact that I have to reinstall Windows XP service pack 2 and can't get that to work. Instead of dealing with the problem, I choose to take long naps and try to forget about it. Also, watch a lot of trashy MTV. BTW, finale of The Bachelor is on tomorrow! Which means I will see it on Tuesday.

In case you have a blue sweater that says handwash, you probably should either a) handwash it or b) machine wash it on delicate BY ITSELF so it doesn't get blue lint fuzz all over the rest of your clothes. I didn't even put the sweater in the dryer, but all the other clothes got enough fuzz on them from the washer to create a massive lint blanket. I cleaned the lint trap and could have knitted a matching hat out of it to go with said sweater. Now the sweater is lying in a wet heap on my floor.

I hauled home literally forty pounds of student work to grade, since the quarter ends on Friday, and I just began grading it a half an hour ago. On the bright side, a lot of my kids passed their multiplication facts tests. On the dark side, I still have thirty-nine pounds left of paper to grade. Also, I will admit to you that I was a very bitchy teacher last Friday, and was a bit meaner and more sarcastic than I needed to be. I will try to make up for it tomorrow and be pleasant.

Additionally, I have decided that I will make a goal to be single until the age of forty-five. I figure I can keep myself busy until then because I plan on: getting my Master's degree in something, totally overhauling a house once I buy one, becoming a foster parent, teaching abroad, and being a published author. It's not that I want to be single until 45, but it seems like if I make it a goal, then I won't be allowed to have pity parties for myself. After I turn 45 I will move to a small village in Africa and become their Queen.

2 comments:

  1. joelle,

    this is a sweet, sad, funny, iconic blog entry that just makes me want to tell you how absolutely wonderfully precious i think you are.

    seriously amazing.

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.

    pretty much everything natalie just said.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails