Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Redacted

Of course the first thing I did after checking my Facebook, e-mail, and library due dates was read a news update about how the finale of The Bachelorette turned out. Jillian chose Ed. I am sorry, but I don't think it is going to last. I feel like Jillian forced herself to "fall in love" because she felt she was in the show too deep. Like, ABC gathered all these men, spent all this money on wonderful dates, and she thinks she should be able to pick someone from all that. I don't know about you, but I realized half way through the season that all these guys were not for her. It's like shopping for a pair of jeans and Nordstrom. Everybody tells you you should be able to pick a nice pair, but you try them on and none of them really fit exactly right. But you end up buying a pair anyway, saying you can cinch it up with a belt, or hem them up, or something, because the sales girl has invested all this time into getting new sizes for you and she even ran to Starbucks to get you a latte because you were so tired. You can't let her down. So you hand over your credit card. In this case, Jillian hands over her ring finger. Such a tragedy.

I just discovered this really great blog at www.redactedblog.blogspot.com This guy Dan writes the funniest stuff. He's from New York but just moved to Miami. Sometimes his girlfriend Brooke writes on his blog and she is equally as funny. They do really snarky re-caps of The Bachelorette, and for the finale they did a live blog of it (wrote while watching the show). Then Dan has these really great Million Dollar Ideas that he shares. Additionally, after Dan saw previews where Amy Adams stars in a movie about blogging, he has hope that one day Zac Efron will play him in the movie of Redacted. The only bad thing about the blog is that it is archived back to November 2006, which means I have a lot of catching up to do.

Currently listening to in my car via audiobook: The City of Ember. I am way into it. There is this city and they are completely in the dark and depend on lightbulbs (duh). As far as they know, no other towns exist. But now there is an emergency and all their supplies are running low, and there is a secret, lost box with instructions, and this little girl finds it and I am going to go crazy because I don't know how it is going to end!

I am supposed to have a house in eight days or less. (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails