Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bits and Pieces

I thought I'd take the time to share with you the amazing shaving cream that is Barbasol Pure Silk. I was in the shower the other day when I realized I have been using the same can for at least three months, if not longer. It cost me one buck at the Dollar Tree. I used to buy the foaming gel made by Skintimate, but I was at the Dollar Tree one time and decided to try the $1 rasberry scent that Barbasol makes. It's the can that keeps on giving, like Mary Poppins' carpet bag.

I went to Costco last night with my mom and I think I may have found my future couch. There was a matching leather sofa and love seat. They both recline and are super squishy and wonderful to sit/sprawl out on. I'm still checking out other places though.

Today I broke down and indulged on the high calorie goodness that is the chocolate chip cookie dough twisted frosty from Wendy's. The cookie dough was soft and the ice cream was cold and it was delish. Now I need to go to the gym.

I'm currently reading this book by Trenton Lee Stewart called The Mysterious Benedict Society. These children have to take all of these really difficult tests and then they get in to the society and are asked to go on dangerous missions and save the world. It's an alright book, I mean, I read it for about two hours a day, but I feel like it's trying to copy Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. I mean, the main characters are orphans (though they are not related), the evil character is a bit like Count Olaf, there are codes and disguises, etc. Other elements in the book have already been done too, like the evil dude is striving for world domination by sending subliminal messages into peoples' minds using TV and radio (wasn't that the whole plot of the movie Josie and the Pussy Cat Dolls with Rachel Leigh Cook?) But I'm only half way through the book so maybe it will surprise me. Oh, forgot, the nice guy (Dr. Benedict) is the twin of the evil guy (Mr. Curtain). Only neither one knows they have a twin. Beware the Gemini.

Sorry if you were reading that book too and I just ruined it all for you. But if you were like me, you figured everything out two chapters ahead of when the characters did.

Grace.

1 comment:

  1. confession: that shave cream is even more amazing than you think because i definitely used it one time when mine ran out...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails