Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Being Ruthless

I'm trying to be ruthless. It's not really working.

This morning is the first morning in a week that I didn't have to leave the house by ten. Originally I was going to go to the Farmer's Market this morning/early afternoon, but then my mom had too much work to do in the office so she couldn't come with me as planned. I am definitely going next Wednesday. Any takers?

Since I didn't go anywhere this morning I decided to stay home and be ruthless to my room and all of the endless crap that it contains. I'm struggling. I ended up keeping my Spottie Dottie wallet that is made of pink vinyl with velcro. I also kept the crappy jewelry from my childhood because, well, it reminds me of my childhood. But I did manage to fill a bag for Goodwill, and I also condensed boxes. The thing about cleaning is that it is so much easier to do in a house that's not yours. If you're like "wow, this is ugly/old/falling apart/useless" then it is a lot easier to get rid of because you have no memories attached to it. Instead, your mom/friend/aunt is like "hey, I love that!" or "hey, it could be so useful!" I mean, you try to talk them out of the smelly forest green woolen blanket they've had since 1981 and they just won't part with it.

Life in that bedroom is an ensuing battle, because every morning I wake up and look at everything. Granted, everything I've ever owned and kept is in that room, and I haven't unpacked (why would I) but still.

Enough about stuff. Today I got a kick out of driving down State street and seeing a flashing police car that had pulled over another car. I slowed down and as I passed, I looked at the officers, because my uncle is a cop and I am always checking to see if it's him. Well wouldn't you know it! It was him. I've never seen him working before, but there he was, questioning the driver of the vehicle. I thought about waving but then didn't. But then I'll be a kid tonight and call my aunt and say "I say uncle Chris pulling over a car at 3 o'clock today when I was driving."

And in case you were dying to know, I just finished filling out an on-line survey for Panda Express and now I have a coupon for a free entree item. Yes! I love egg rolls (only, technically they're a side).

Oh, and I think I'm going to dye my hair a lighter brown on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails