Saturday, July 11, 2009

Help! I think I might get kidnapped!

Oh my gatos and perros. They're back again. Just when I was sitting down to blog, this creeper white car starts inching down our road again. I think they are casing the place. What I need right now is a pair of binoculars so I can see their license plate and a Nerf gun with darts. Let me give you the details.

I decided to finally hook up my all the cords to my non-laptop computer so I could do some work instead of being lazy all day. I hauled the heavy equipment into our front sitting room and started hooking everything up. There are all these windows that give you a great view of Mt. Hood on a clear day, and these windows also provided me with the view of a slowly traveling white car. I didn't think much about it but then I nearly had a cardiac arrest when, from behind my back, I hear a car honk. I turn and look out the window behind me and there is this white car sitting halfway down our driveway.

My mom is up in Portland at a bead show and my dad is who knows where, so I am here all by myself. It's not my house so I don't answer the phone and I am certainly not going to go greet the unknown car in the driveway in my pajamas (yes, it's 1pm at this point). Instead, I hide. For a while I thought it was one of those first class mail cars, you know how they go to your house and honk so they can deliver your letter to you? I'm pretty sure now that it is not a mail car, because I am fairly certain the United States Postal Office does not employ complete stalkers.

Like I said, this car left and then I finished hooking up my computer. Let me tell you of the joy. After I had everything running I went into my Dad's office and borrowed his USB air card. You plug it into your computer for internet access, and it's really handy for laptops because then you can have internet when you are on a road trip or something. Anyway, I plugged it into my computer, and wouldn't you know it? A miracle occurred. I've been trying to use his computer for internet but it is basically garbage. I didn't think the reception would work much better on my computer, but it does. I think it's more his computer is slow than anything. So now I have web access, still a bit slow, but it exists. Only thing is, I have to return the air card to his computer as soon as he gets home or he'll freak out.

Back to the creeper car. So I finally get on-line and was getting caught up with my favorite blogs when I see this car go past my road AGAIN. It drives down the road very slowly and then stops at the end before rounding the corner. It's real hard to see at the corner because we have all these trees growing, but I knew it was there. Then it turns around and goes back down the road. It stops at the other end, instead of rounding that corner. It stays there for like, seven minutes. It's really eerie because I'm not sure what this guy is checking out. I mean, the horses are stationed in a pasture near that end, but surely this guy is not a horse thief? Finally I watch as he turns the corner and I think that he drives back to town.

So I start blogging when out of the corner of my eye I see the creeper white car again. I duck low so they can't tell someone is in the house and watch as they drive to one corner and stop. The road that my parents live on is not highly trafficked, so people can just stop in the middle of it without clogging traffic if they want. The car turns and goes back down the other way very slowly, like they are watching our property. They stop at the end and wait. At this point I really wish I had a pair of binoculars so I can get their plate number. Finally, they turn the corner again.

I ask you, what the heck is going on? Why are they stalking my house, why did they leave for ten minutes, and then come back? Why did they come into my driveway and honk? Am I going to get robbed?

This is all very eerie. I have half a mind to run out there to the road if I see them again and yell. But mostly I wish I had a long distance Nerf gun so I could put on some camo and hide in our rows of trees and get them with sticky darts as they drive by.

What do you think is happening? Am I about to witness a crime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails