Sunday, August 2, 2009

From the Files of

I'm starting a new feature called "From the Files of" where you will be privy to the journaling (sp?) from my childhood. I discovered a floral fabric covered journal circa 1994 that my mother forced me to write in daily as part of my home-school education. We'll start there and progress to high school, where things become juicier. I aim to share at least one of these a week.
I recommend clicking on the image because it will blow up in a new window, making it infinitely easier to read. It's really a very authentic experience, much like breaking into the diary of your older sister. However, I will still translate, dissect, and read in between the lines.

Jan. 26 1994
I am going to town. (This was a big deal since I lived out in the country on a dead end road.)
I am very tird. (Either I was tired or I was a turd, or I was tired from passing a turd.)
I will tell you more latter to day. Ok.....I am back! (Awesome. Because you are such an enthralling author.)

Jan. 27 1994
I am having a spelling test today. (I sincerely hope "tired" and "later" was not on the test.)

Jessamy is going to go to Stacie's tomoro. And when Jess is at Stacie's. I get a Sunday! Yum yum! (I apparently could not properly punctuate sentences, but maybe I did it to emphasize how important getting a sundae was. Whenever my sister went to a friend's house, my mother would console me with desserts. Awesome. Your daughter already doesn't have friends, and now you're trying to fatten her up with ice cream? Thanks, Mom. My first connection in linking emotions with food.)

That concludes the first installment in this life revealing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails