Saturday, July 25, 2009

Annoying pop culture

Michael Jackson dies and then all of a sudden Target has to sell these black marching band jackets. I mean seriously? Are they going to start selling white gloves separately as well? People are so crazy over Michael Jackson. I was driving the other day when I saw a van totally decked out in window paint with messages honoring MJ. A bit overboard, don't you think?

So there's this new song on the radio and I'll be honest that I wasn't really listening to the lyrics. Then the chorus came. I heard "When I takes over, when I takes over, when I takes over..." I had to change the station because it was getting on my nerves that they couldn't properly conjugate their verbs. When I take over, when he/she takes over, when they take over, when we take over. Get it right. Well apparently I need to get my hearing checked, because I Googled the song and it is called "When Love Takes Over." Um, yeah. That's not what I heard. I guess I am going deaf.

1 comment:

  1. ain't just you honey...i thought it was 'when i takes over' for at least a month

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails