Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The vicious cycle of reality TV

Oh my gosh, someone please stab me in the eyes with a fork. If you've been a long time reader, you know about my unhealthy habit of watching trashy reality TV shows like The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Due to the fact that I don't have TV or quality internet during the summer, I've missed the last four episodes of The Bachelorette. Instead, I read news articles about what happened on the episodes so I still am in the know. Apparently last night was the special episode "The Men Tell All" whereupon Jason Mesnick and Molly appeared to give an update on their life. While reading the humorous article, I discovered that Deanna Pappas, the bachelorette that dumped Jason (causing him to become The Bachelor), has a TV show on Lifetime! Aaack! I hated her, to be honest. She seemed too demanding. Now she is the co-host with Colin Cowie on Get Married, which I guess is some sort of wedding planning show. She's such a pain.

The Bachelor/The Bachelorette needs to die off so I (and people like me, cough cough Aunt Bink) can stop wasting time. Put some stupid bass fisher on again to end the vicious cycle.

In other news, my dad tried to get me to use the backhoe yesterday. He's like "I could teach you how. It could be fun, moving all that dirt in a single bound." It was really hot outside so I passed, much as operating heavy equipment excited me. When I came back from town that night, he was still out digging by our pond (if you could call it that...it's more there so that the lower fields don't flood).

Today I saw some kid I recognized, but couldn't place. Then I saw the adult she was with and realized it was the sister of one of my students from my student teaching practicum. I've already last count of how many kids that is this summer...maybe like 8? I don't know. Everywhere I look I see kids I feel I should know.

After tutoring I went to the park to lay on the grass and eat my lunch. It was quite splendid and then I witnessed a comedy on the way back to my car. All these mothers sitting on the grass with their kids started getting attacked by the sprinklers, which came on without a warning. They were all grabbing at towels and chairs and books, trying to flee. By that point I was overheated so I made it a point to walk through the mist.

Life tip: If at all possible, park your car next to the curb in a parking lot, so that you are only parked right next to one other car. This decreases your chances of someone hitting your car doors by 50%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails