Saturday, November 28, 2009

You Are Loved

You'd think with a whole week of not teaching I'd have all this time to write some really riveting things. In case you have not yet figured this out in life, what you think rarely ever comes to pass. It's not like I've been totally swamped either. I did not go shopping on Black Friday. I didn't do a lot of anything.

Here is what I have been doing:

*eating mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pie leftovers just about everyday. They're gone today.
*picking up massive amounts of yard debris. I raked a few leaves, picked up about 67 pine cones, and raked a copious amount of dried up pine needles out of my yard (if you could call it that. It's not so much a yard as a strip). I was feeling pretty good about myself for doing this on Friday.
*getting a haircut, which I am still trying to figure out how to style
*organizing my childhood ish in my garage. My mom made me take everything out of her extra room the night of Thanksgiving.
*updating my iTunes library, and subsequently, my iPod, which has brought nothing but frustration to me. It is being a royal PITA. I don't know why it won't load what I tell it to, when there is fully enough space left to do so. I am trying again tomorrow, after I pray to God, go to church, and repent for my recent sins. Sometimes I think God is trying to punish me gravely, and this is one of those times. Another time I was severely punished was senior year of high school, when the guy I was drooling over all year never asked me to prom, even though I prayed to God every night that he would. I went through punishment, because God does not look kindly upon those who lust. Instead he prefers to make them single for two decades. Here is the part where I am struck down dead for talking smack about God.
*going to Home Depot to find a curtain rod, but then ended up going to Target and buying a curtain rod, plus a movie, plus a nice warm sweatshirt.
*ironing fabric for Britt to sew said curtains.
*reading The Time Traveler's Wife.

So I apologize for not crafting The Great American Novel over my week long break. Sorry. Really.

P.S. I secretly want to title this post "Go eff yourself," not because I hate you, but mostly because I am still bitter about the whole iPod/no prom date sr. year thing. Conversely, I chose the above title. In short, I am feeling a bit like Calma Harrison from Am I right or Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails