Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Things that don't make sense

While driving home I saw a reader board that said: dispose of ashes in a proper manner. The first thing that popped into my head was "cremation." Maybe this was because I was reading about animal cremation before I went to bed last night. But the reader board was outside the fire station, not a veterinary office.

Additionally, while on the way home I listened to the song "One less lonely girl." I wondered to myself, why the heck are they playing a song sung by a nine year old? This is so weird. So as soon as I got home I googled the song title, which led me to the music video. I suffered through watching the whole thing just to tell you I am highly disturbed. It starts out in this laundry mat, where it seems like some mom goes to wash her clothes. The kid is sitting in the corner with a guitar. The mom-like-woman keeps smiling at him, like she's flirting. I think, okay, this is a little weird, but I smile at cute little kids, so what? But then she leaves her red scarf. The little kid picks it up and then makes all these signs for the older woman. He leaves them at the laundry mat so the next time she goes she sees them. Then she follows them, laughing in a giddy manner the whole time. In the end she finds the kid, and they get dangerously close while dancing. No kiss, but noses were touching. This is highly disturbing. Like, I cannot go to work tomorrow.

Reminds me of what a nine-year-old student said to me after receiving his class pictures. "Wow, I look really hot. Miss G, don't you think I look hot? Would you date me?"

"No," I say flatly. God save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails