Sunday, November 1, 2009

November First is here

I woke up and saw it was a gorgeous day. Then I remembered it's November first, which is the beginning of NaNoRiMo. And I thought, "Oh crap." I'm not sure if I'm going to participate this year. If I do, I'm cheating. The rules are you have to start a brand new novel and write 50,000 words by the end of the month. But I sort of have four novels that need finishing, so if I participate, I'm just going to get 50,000 words spread out over those novels. Because I am a procrastinator.

I know I can finish one novel in 10,000 words or less, because it is almost done. Another one probably needs 40k on it still, and another needs maybe 30k, and the last one that I started over the summer needs like 55k. But no way in hell am I writing 135,000 words in one month. No.

It's time to get inspired. Which means I should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails