Monday, November 2, 2009

From the Files of...

I've been struggling to spell definitely since 1994. I'm really self conscious about this word, ever since the 8th grade when I wrote it on a poster in colored pencil. My teacher marked it in red and deducted 2 points. I want to spell it definetly all the time. I seriously take ten seconds every time it comes up and think de-finite-ly. Do you think the reason mom was mad was because I couldn't spell? Or because Jess was being weird? Or maybe because I only wrote three complete sentences for my writing assignment that day? You'd think from my journals that I hated writing. I probably did at the time, because I would rather read than write. I keep telling my mom that I don't remember learning to write when I was home schooled, and here is the proof. I honestly do not know what sort of transformation happened, because starting in 8th grade I always got As in English. You know, minus that 2 point deduction thing.

Here's another one.
  Wow! Really? Developmental Mathematics Level 8 Multiplication Concepts and Facts by L. George Saad, Ph.D? I'm glad I can refer back and see exactly what text I was using to learn in 4th grade...Oh my gatos. I just Googled it and I can see all the objectives and everything right here. Oh my lord, and you can see what kinds of problems I was solving here. Way to keep accurate educational records, Jo Jo.

And a G.C.C. meeting? The first of many secret meetings I would hold in my life. Also, in case you were wondering, reading a hole book is easier than reading a complete book, just like eating a doughnut hole is easier than reading a complete doughnut. But they don't sell hole books in the pastry aisle, so don't bother looking.

Happy Monday. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails