Thursday, January 22, 2009

SWAT team in our school neighborhood

Holy Moses I have a lot to say today as well. I'll start off with the not so dramatic stuff and get increasingly more interesting. A lot of stuff happened at school today.
Yesterday I told you about my upsetting intimate moments in various libraries, whereupon three very attractive yet mysterious men abandoned our future of love together, and whereupon I opened some upsetting mail. I totally forgot about the pivotal moment in my life whereupon I bawled my eyes out in the third floor bathroom of Hamersley. It was rough getting to the third floor before anyone saw me. I had to go up all those stairs. But I had to go to the third floor, not the second floor, because the top floor is pretty much abandoned. You are looking for some really boring books if you have to go to the third floor. So I went into the biggest stall, locked the door, and cried enough tears to fill the water tank of a toilet. Also, dried my eyes with toilet paper. And it wasn't Charmin. That was a horrible day.

I forgot to mention that my sister got a second Rottweiler dog. She has a one and a half year old female Rottweiler named Cinderly, and she just got a six month old male which she re-named Thor. His previous name was Bruno. I have not yet met Thor, but I am fairly certain that he will grow to be quite large, as Cinderly is 95 pounds and a female. Can I just say that I have a student named Thor and he only weighs 55 pounds with his coat on and a tummy full of macaroni. I wonder what his parents were thinking when they named him.

Our school went on a level three lock down for a couple hours this morning. Apparently the police were searching for some criminal who was deemed dangerous and in the near vicinity. I'm not going to talk a lot about this, because I don't want to say anything that's not true. However, the police told the principal to check the front page of the newspaper tomorrow. Additionally, some stuff happened with one of my students, and I'm not sure if his family is going to be okay or not. It has to do with the reason we went into lock down. Supposedly his family got removed from their house for some safety reason. I will keep you updated as I find out more, but basically I'm praying for the little guy and his sweet sister and toddler brother. They are seriously the sweetest kids you'll ever meet.

Prior to the lockdown, I had a very confrontational phone call with a parent. One of my students had to call home to tell his mom what he did at school, and I talked to her after he admitted to what he had done. Basically, she thinks it's annoying that I call her to tell her about her troublesome child (I think it is too), and she thinks that I pick on only him and that we "don't get along." I said if he followed school procedures and respected teachers and other students, we wouldn't have a problem. Blah blah blah in my ear, and then I said if she wanted to come watch me teach so she could see how I treated her son compared to the rest of the class, she could. Basically, the middle of the half hour conversation was very heated, but then I pulled it together and tried to state some things positively, and we ended on a decent note. After that, I marched straight into the principal's office with a brain aneurysm. On Tuesday, this parent had called the principal to complain about me, and the principal had told me about the parent's feelings. BTW, Principal is totally on my side. Anyway, I dished the story to the principal, she said I handled it in a good way, gave me some tips, and told me to write down the conversation I had with the parent so we could have it if we ever needed to. Such drama.

I had a meeting till 5:30, but then totally peaced out of my classroom without cleaning up at all. I left with just my purse (felt so weird) because tomorrow is inservice and we don't have any students. Not only do I not have to teach tomorrow, but lunch is being catered by Chipotle. Also, Starbucks coffee will be provided tomorrow. Not that I drink coffee at all, but it makes it sound like a good day if they are giving us overpriced coffee and free lunch.

Remember how I said I was going to cut myself off from watching The Bachelor after this season? Well, I re-thought it. If Jason doesn't pick Jillian or Melissa, and they become the next bachelorette, then I will watch it. I am calling it right now that Jason marries Jillian, though, because she is totally fun to be around and on camera they have a good connection. Melissa seemed like kind of a ditz at first (she was a Cowboys cheerleader), but I am starting to like her and she seems like more of a down to earth person than I thought.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails