Sunday, January 18, 2009

It was never said

As most writers do, I write many things that don't make it to public viewing. The following was written but never given to the intended recipient. I guess I'm hoping that even though time has passed, the person who needs it the most will get it. Then again, maybe they don't need it at all, in which case it was just a way for me to verbalize how watching someone I love hurt inside pained me as well.

Please Believe Me

I can’t give you what you need.
I can’t heal your heart when it starts to bleed.
I ache when watching you live this way,
‘Cause I can’t make the sun appear when the skies are gray.
I want to ask but the words I can’t find.
I want to listen but you’ve declined.
You know I want to take up your pain
Give you relief like the effects of crack cocaine.
But Someone already is waiting to take your strife
He poured out His blood and died for your life.
Maybe you hate Him right now and that’s fine
I just pray that you’ll soon believe me in time
That He’s the only one that can make it alright
Mend your soul’s wings so they can take flight.
Maybe you don’t understand all of His ways
Believe me, that’s why He’s the Ancient of Days.
It might be confusing or doesn’t make sense
But you can’t forever use that defense.
Before you are threadbare and fall apart
Trust, and give Him your heart.

Also, you may have read the next one since I previously have posted it via MySpace. I still like it a lot (is that pretentious since I wrote it?) and wanted to share it again.

Let it be Love

Let it be Love that breaks you, and not hate
Let it be Love that heals you, and not revenge
Let it be Love that strengthens you, and not iron
Let it be Love that convinces you, and not facts
Let it be Love that fills you, and not doubts
Let it be Love that surrounds you, and not fear
Let it be Love that holds you, and not human hands
Let it be Love that replenishes you, and not food or drink
Let it be Love that drives you, and not your own goals
Let it be Love that limits you, and not rules
Let it be Love that takes you, and not death

Just let it be Love.

Usually I think poems are for saps, but sometimes I think they're just right. Then again, maybe I am a sap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails