Monday, January 26, 2009

Prayer Requests

They told me he was in protective custody, and that he wasn't coming back. On Friday during inservice, I sat at his desk and cried. I looked through the papers in his desk, coming across the final copy of his last writing piece. It was about what he would do if he was locked inside the school. Not so fun of a topic anymore, considering last Thursday's events. At the end of his story he wrote "Then I would use the class computer and e-mail a teacher to come rescue me." If only it were that easy. If only I could. As it was, I accepted that I would never see his sweet face again. Our goodbye was non-existent. I hope he knows he is a hero.

I was going to get a sub for tomorrow because I am not feeling well at all, and I would then get out of a) the 8am meeting that is boring b) recess duty, and c) I could just go to my meeting at the other school at 4:30 to 7:30 not tired after a day of teaching. At 4:30 I logged onto my computer to write sub plans. But first I checked my e-mail. They say he might be back tomorrow. Tomorrow! I didn't think he was coming back at all. I don't know why/how he could. Is that safe? But now I have to go tomorrow, because if he is there, I want to see him. My kids have never had a sub for longer than 20 minutes, and I don't want his day back in a safe place to be with a substitute teacher he doesn't know. He might just be coming to say goodbye. I don't know. But I hope he can stay. Or at least that I get a proper goodbye.

If you're the praying kind, pray for my little guy and his siblings. Also, while you are at it, my mentor teacher from last year had her baby early and she (the infant) is in the NICU at OHSU.

1 comment:

  1. praying for him, praying for them, praying for her, and praying for YOU!

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails