Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fan Mail!

I enabled my e-mail address (1 of 4) on my profile, so now adoring fans can go to "view complete profile" and then to the blue box on the left that says "e-mail." Click it and friends and strangers alike can send me friendly mail, hate mail, or no mail at all. Caution: stories about yourself may somehow make it into my blog. Under a fake name, of course.

Fan mail I have written
Apparently this one time I wrote to ABC Studios to get a signed photograph of the cast of Alias (really, I probably just wanted Michael Vartan or Jennifer Garner, not the whole cast). I don't remember doing this at all, but then one random day I got a big white envelope in the mail from Burbank, California with a glossy signed photo of the hot Alias cast, accompanied by a letter saying "Thank you for your request....blah blah blah." I still have it.

When I was like ten or eleven I wrote to Marissa Moss who is the author of the Amelia books. I tried to be as clever and artistic as I could in the letter, wanting to impress her. She wrote me back on a postcard and said some nice things, including something positive about my future that I can't quite remember but undoubtedly hasn't come true yet.

Oh, just remembered. I totally wrote a fan letter to ET. As in the Extra-Terrestrial, like ET phone-home. I watched the movie when I was a kid and totally adored ET. I wrote him a letter and put it in the mail box without a stamp or an address, just "ET." I somehow thought it would get to him, like with Santa Claus.

Jason Mesnick if you count a Facebook friend request as fan mail. Which I don't, because he denied me. But I did FFR (I just made that up) Rick Mugrage and he accepted me, because he is a caring person. Or at least, I met him in real-life, only that was like six years ago when I went to a free show of his on Halloween and saw his toddler son dressed up as Peter Pan and Rick only had some dinky demo CD out. But I love his music.

Fan mail I should write but haven't:
To James Franco, to inform him I am his future wife.
To Meg Cabot and Jerry Spinelli, because I love their writing. Also to Lemony Snicket, (who reminds me of a candy bar) because he manages to be both depressing and ridiculously funny at the same time.
And of course to Amy Sedaris, because she has a house rabbit, an imaginary boyfriend, wears cute outfits, bakes cupcakes, and is really funny (or insane). She's over forty and David Letterman totally has a crush on her. Everytime she appears on his show, the first thing he says is "You look beautiful," and then sometime during the inteview he asks if she's dating anyone. And she just says "Ricky, my imaginary boyfriend." And then later on, Letterman's like "I just can't get over how lovely you look." She totally takes over the interview and starts going on tangents and asking him questions and you can tell he's like "I thought this was my show?" Love her.

So you know, fan mail. Write some. To somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails