Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The 3 men from the library that I almost married

First of all I must inform you that I have a lot to write about, none of which is very important or related to each other. That said...

Remember those fruit snacks that I paid 75 cents for yesterday and never got because of the stupid vending machine? This morning I walked through the staff room and peered in at them. They were dangling even more, and I'm sure I could have gotten them to fall had I kicked the machine one last time. Only, I couldn't because someone else was in there that I didn't know very well. I contemplated getting a sticky note and writing "These fruit snacks belong to the teacher in C6. Please deliver if they ever fall down" and putting it on the glass, only I didn't. At lunch time I checked and the fruit snacks were no longer in the machine. Someone had gotten a freebie. I hope whoever it was was having a really crap-o day and it made them feel better.

At lunch time I had a woman ask me if the yogurt I was eating had live culture in it. She was also eating yogurt. I was like "Oh, I don't know? Does it say?" And looked at the yogurt label. It totally did have live culture (which, doesn't all yogurt? do you know? doesn't it?), and then the lady was all "it's really good for your immune system." I finished eating my yogurt and started in on the pizza I had made.

I didn't have to teach reading for an hour today because we had a puppet theater presentation in the gym. It was actually quite funny and well put together. I had a blast.

I had to leave school right at four so I could get to the bank before it closed. I had a CD that matured and needed to do some things with it before my seven day grace period was up. Apparently that was yesterday. The banker really couldn't do anything about it because I was a day late, so now my money is locked in for another three months at a sickly low interest rate. I was kinda mad because I left in such a rush to get there.

Since I was out of school early (on time, actually), I decided to go shopping for a present for my sister, because she turns 25 on Sunday. I ended up buying nothing for her and everything for myself. I bought several shirts, two of which are way cute. After trying them on in the dressing room, it totally made me want to go to a bar/club/dance party. Anybody? Maybe next week? I'll look good. Side topic: on the drive home, I was totally excited to go somewhere to wear my new shirts, but then after I logged into my computer and saw some skanky pictures on Facebook (of people I'm not even friends with, nonetheless), it kind of grossed me out. I'm sure there is more than one album out there of said skanks. If you were one of the girls at the bar that night, then I am sorry to tell you, but you are a dirty whore. Sorry. It needed to be said. Keep it classy. I always do (minus that one time Paparazzi Natalie snapped a shot of me lying on the floor...but at least I was in my own house, not on the grimy dance floor of a bar with some nasty guy who shaves his butt leaning over me...not naming any names, mostly because I don't know who you are...). Moving on.

On my way home I stopped at the library to return the crate of books I had (yes, a crate full). Upon my entrance, I noticed a girl aged about 17 who was crying. She was totally wiping her eyes, sniffling, and clutching a cell phone. I can understand. I myself have received some very upsetting news at the library. For example, the three men that I am sure I could have married had we actually carried on a conversation both left me there, broken hearted. All of them were quite mysterious. I saw the first one when I was in seventh grade. He was wearing a baseball camp, sitting in a big, comfy chair, reading the newspaper. We smiled at each other, and then I swear I saw him at Rite Aid six days later. I don't know who he was.

The second guy I saw my jr. year of high school. I was at a table doing homework by the magazines when he walked in. He was dressed all in black, but not in a creepy goth way. More like a bad-ass, mysterious hunk sort of way. He had flip flops on, though, which caught my attention. He looked about my age, and I was really confused why he was at the library because he definitely didn't go to my high school. It was a small town, so if he lived in it, I would have known. While staring at him (he was choosing a magazine), I came up with this whole story about how he must be here visiting an aunt or something. Foreign and mysterious.

The third guy was a total dream doll. He was Italian, with this beautiful dark skin and gorgeous face. This was while I had my internship in the children's section of the public library. This one actually talked to me. I was behind the desk, checking in some books, when he came up to me and asked if we had a foreign language section for kids. He spoke with an accent, and when I asked him what language he was looking for, he didn't surprise me by saying Italian. This seemed to be going well, but then a toddler popped out from behind a shelf and I realized it was his son. So hunky library patron number three was out of the question.

Back to the initial statement: I've experienced upsetting circumstances while at the library, just like the crying girl I saw. Not only did I lose my three true loves, but I also opened up an envelope that held some very disappointing news in it. I'm not going to talk about that, though. Most people don't open their mail up while at the library, but I needed to. It was the only place I could be alone, and I wanted to be alone when I found out the news. I think the library is a very relaxing place, and I find a lot of comfort in visiting it. Also, by going to Borders and spending money on clean pages.

The premiere of LOST starts in exactly thirty-two minutes, and I am very heartbroken because I have to wait until tomorrow to watch it after it gets uploaded online. It's at times like these that I wished my TV worked. If you are a LOST fan, and you want me to warm the couch with you sometime, let me know. I'll totally be there. I guess I could watch The Bachelor on-line since that happened on Monday night. I am swearing to you right now, that this season of The Bachelor is the last one I will ever watch. I am only watching it because Jason is extremely sweet (and hot). After this, no more Bachelor. Because really, it's a crap show. Unless you wish you were thirty so you could marry the guy. I am cutting myself off after this one.

Oh, forgot, while shopping, I totally saw Danielle P. from good ol' RHA days. Ah, the memories.

I have written entirely too much. I give you an invisible gold star if you made it this far. Much love,
Joelle

1 comment:

  1. a)damn those skanky whores!
    b)lets hit the clubs this weekend!
    c)why didn't you show me your new shirts?
    d)so sorry to hear about the fruit snacks. truly a loss.
    e) just because he had a son doesn't mean he wasn't available... hello... JASON!?!??! haha
    f) i adore you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails