Friday, April 11, 2008

Laugh it Out

I have not been able to sleep for the past three nights. This is because of the anticipation of "being on call." I got my first call this morning, but had to turn it down because I have an interview this afternoon (still no glasses to make me look smarter). Also, I have to pack for the weekend because I am going to see my grandma and my great-grandpa who recently turned 89, which I think is quite old.

I'm going with my mom and sister, and I am a bit afraid to see my mom for one reason, being that I have not finished reading the book she let me borrow. And she will probably ask for it because she is excited to read it. It's P.S. I Love You (got turned into a movie that I have never seen), and I guess it has sold a billion copies, but I am having a hard time getting into it. Mostly because it is not very funny. I understand that serious issues like your one true love dying off of cancer is not supposed to be funny, but I think books like that are in desperate need of comic relief.

For example, I just finished reading John Green's Looking For Alaska (which, btw, has recently been banned in some public high schools). And okay, someone dies in the book, but at least not until the second half, after we've had our laughs. And the part where the person dies is utterly shocking and makes you want to sniffle a bit, but the other characters in the book realize it's still important to have a good laugh and they pull a prank in the deceased's honor.

Basically, what I am saying is, if you can not laugh and enjoy funny moments even though your life is utterly pathetically awful, I don't want to read your autobiography.

1 comment:

  1. "now laugh it out, laugh it out, laugh it out..." (sung, of course, to the tune of "Walk It Out")

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails