Friday, April 18, 2008

Detective Work

I am now practically a detective. I’ve been thrown into this teaching job with absolutely no information about my students, their abilities, what they’ve been doing all year, what they still need to learn, where everything is, etc. The teacher before me literally left me one lesson plan. I used that up on the first day. Since then, I’ve been snooping around the classroom when my students are gone, trying to gain helpful information. I’m looking for any clues to help me figure out what’s happened from September to April. I’ve peeked inside all of the drawers and cupboards and found that we have an extraordinary amount of graph paper in a cupboard that I cannot really reach without a ladder. I’ve also found that files are not kept in the filing cabinet closest to the desk. All of my snooping and peeking has so far provided me with six helpful facts. Which is a lot, I think. Next week I think I might venture into the office and look at student files because I know virtually nada about my kids. Oh, and the computer was extremely dusty. So much that I was coughing as I was brushing it off. No finger prints, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails