Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dr. Sheppard to the ER, please

Today I went to substitute teaching orientation. Now that I am a legit sub, this means I could be called at absolutely anytime of the day. I have to answer 5:30am calls (which will undoubtedly interrupt my dreams about Matthew Fox from LOST), or I could be notified that I have 25 minutes to get to a school. Or I could get a call while I am enjoying my lunch and watching The Tyra Show. This means that from now on, I have to make sure that my phone is a) charged, b) not on silent, and c) on my person at all times. I sort of think that when I start getting calls, I will feel like a doctor. Always on call. Not knowing what to expect. Emergency situations. And if I miss a call, I basically have one hour to call back. Or the patient dies. It’s kind of exciting but tiring to think about as well. I half wish I had a plastic stethoscope to wear in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails