Sunday, April 6, 2008

Innermost Thoughts

Last night I was going through some stuff and ended up reading my diary from the 8th grade. I discovered I was a major dork. But I was gripped and eager to learn about my 13 year-old self. Here are some of the highlights:

1/6/00 I was talking about this girl who was rarely pleasant towards me and wrote “Cathy was nice to me today because I know a secret about her.” But then I didn’t even write the secret down and I don’t remember what it was. I was hoping to read something juicy.

3/26/00
“I had a dream about Drew*. [Describes uneventful dream] Then today during science he came over and talked to me. It was about my knee since I have crutches. Then he tried out my crutches. After history when I was having trouble putting up my chair he said ‘hey, you need help?’ Then he helped me. [blah blah blah] After school I listened to him play the guitar. He looked at me.” [I then list everything that I know about him, including the fact that he has only 8% body fat, a detail I had apparently learned in PE].

4/21/00
A big rant and then “People who hurt people deserve to live in the sewer....(someone’s name).” And then there’s this arrow pointing to the name with the word “scum” written next to.

4/22/00
I wrote something completely inappropriate for a 13 year old. [Describes how hot Drew* is] and then “You can never see his butt, though, since his pants are so baggy in that area ‘cuz he’s not fat at all. Darn.” I KNOW! Shocking, right? But I mean, he only has 8% body fat, so it makes sense.

I’ll share more some other time.

*Name has been changed due to embarrassment.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Joelle, that definitely sounds like a diary entry. I loved reading it. You made me smile & laugh when I haven't all day (and it's 12:53am). thanks. :)

    lissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails