Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Explanations

At first glance you might think "has Joelle started a band?" No. The photo at the top of my page looks a little rockeresque, but you should know I'm not cool enough to play the guitar. However, I do own a pair of red Converse sneakers and a white sheet, so you know, there are some similarities. Mostly I just liked the picture.

The reason I decided to name this page "The Real Pretend" is because I have been tricked into adulthood. One day I'm imagining what it would be like to be a grown-up, playing house with my sister, daydreaming about an adult life. Next thing you know, it's time to start my career and pay my rent (which, btw, I need to mail today). Research health insurance and IRAs. Plan for an eventual mortgage. This make-believing is suddenly real. I'm there now, and I'm faking it because is still feels like I'm playing grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails