Monday, February 9, 2009

I won a _____!

Things are looking up. Today I can call myself a winner. Even if certain people think I am a loser, I really had good luck today. From what I can tell of my new student, he will get along okay. Yes, he has some oddities, but I think he'll survive.

I went to my weight lifting class at 5:30, and I thought I was going to be late because I went to the Dollar Tree super quick-o fast to pick up some teaching stuff and to look for Valentine's Day crap for my kiddos. I ended up not getting any Valentines, but did get some V-day pencils. I got to my class in time, and since it is Western week, a cowgirl had me enter my name into a drawing. I wrote down my name, threw it in the bucket, then pumped some iron. Underneath our benches were two cards which the instructor told us not to look at until later.

Half way through the class, she drew a name from the bucket. Surprise, surprise, it wasn't me. But then she pulled another name. She stumbled over it a bit but it was definitely Joelle. I was so excited! She asked me and the other girl to come to the platform. We had to draw a card and not look at it, stand back to back, take three paces forward, then draw and stick our cards to our foreheads to show the audience. I had the highest card! Whoo-hooo! I was a winner. And guess what I won?! A free session with a personal trainer! I am so excited, because I wouldn't have paid for one otherwise. And guess what else? The personal trainer is going to be this really hot man with perfect teeth, no facial hair, and a Scottish accent who is going to ask me to marry him! (okay, so maybe that part's not true, especially considering I am meeting with a female personal trainer). My freebie session is next week. Basically, she is going to ask me all sorts of questions and do some measuring of things I'd rather stayed unmeasured, and then tell me/show me what I can do to work on my fitness like Fergie. But the bad part is that later I have to go in and get re-measured to see if anything changed. Which means, you know, I have to go on a cupcake fast. And maybe eat some vegetables since I am a vegetarian.

But seriously! What are the chances? (1 in 40, and then 1 in 2 after the initial drawing, to be precise). You know what else? I almost didn't go to the class today because I kind of just wanted to go home. But it pays off to have perseverance.

Oh, and my volunteer came in this morning. She says she might work 15 hours a week. Exclamation Point. That would be amaazing. My kids would really benefit from it.

By the way, today I accidentally wore pants that had Spatzel stains on them from Jess' German birthday dinner, and I don't even care! Because I am a winner! Additionally, I had a college writing prof. who said you only get seven exclamation points in your life, so use them when you really need them. Well, clearly she never won a free personal training session, or she would have been more lenient and given me seven just to write this blog.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails