Thursday, September 15, 2011

To my future spouse

I hate to be all sappy and love struck twice in one week, but I figured I'd just share this considering that whole "Greatest Virgin Who Ever Lived" thing from Saturday. Last week I discovered this site called To My Future Spouse. Basically, men and women write little love notes to the person that they've never met. It's very sweet and a little bit creepy, and provides a similar topic for humor author Jon Acuff to blog about (see Stuff Christians Like: praying for your future spouse).

I browsed through the archives and found some notes that the men wrote, which made me hope they were writing to me. You never know. If you wrote any of these, or know the person who did, well maybe you should take me out to dinner. What's great about this site is that I can become delusional and think these love letters are mine. That they were meant for me.

Here are my favorites.

To My Future Wife:
I can’t wait to fall asleep next to you—books strewn about our bed, your soft heart beating against my chest, your warm body letting me know I’m loved. Yes, yes, yes.

To My Future Wife:
Let’s share a Snuggie.

To My Future Wife:
Don’t worry, my dear, I’ll be making my own sandwiches.

To My Future Wife:
Despite my longing desire for you, I’m on God’s time and He has yet to see reason to bring us together. But I trust Him and I trust you. When the time is right, I’ll be there to make you mine forever.

To My Future Wife:
Don’t worry, ‘cause I got this handled. I’ve been killing dragons and rescuing princesses since I was six.

To My Future Wife:
I know that you’ve doubted if true love was for you, that if you were even meant to ever marry at all. It is and you are. I’m the one you’ll be with forever. We’re just not supposed to know each other just yet. But be patient; I’ll be by soon. I love you.

To My Future Wife:
Just tell me where you are and I’ll come rescue you. I’ll come save you. I’ll come love you. Just tell me where you are and I’ll make all this waiting worth the while. Tell me where you are and I’ll make all your dreams come true.

To My Future Wife:
I NEED you to understand the understated comical brilliance of Arrested Development. Then I’ll know you’re you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails