Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blaine's Parents Would Not Allow That

Maybe you were one of the 8.6 million viewers who watched Glee on Tuesday night. Several of my friends got together to watch the premiere, whereupon a few of us were disappointed that Trouty Mouth was gone.

If you watched the episode, then you know that Blaine decided to leave Dalton Academy and attend McKinley High School. I am excited about this because it means that Blaine will probably be in every episode, and I have a little crush on him (Darren Criss, if you are reading this, then I am single and ready to mingle). However, I would just like to point out that in real life, Blaine's parents WOULD NEVER let him transfer to McKinley.

The show made it seem like Blaine had all the control in deciding his high school education. There was no mention of his parentals. Yeah right would they let him drop out of a private all-boys academy with a top singing show choir to attend a public high school with Kurt. And okay, Blaine said that he wasn't transferring for Kurt, that he was transferring for himself. Because you know, McKinley has so much more to offer, what with the cruel students and ever scheming Sue Sylvester. I would be very hard pressed to let my child choose to go from some ritzy academy to a public high school. Do you know what happens at public high schools? People get slushy thrown in the face, that's what.

If Glee featured college students (which, technically they sort of are, on account of how Darren Criss is actually 24, and Lea Michele who plays Rachel Berry is 25), then it would be fine for one of them to transfer colleges because of their boyfriend. But this is high school. If I knew my child's boyfriend attended the high school that they wanted to transfer to, I'd pull a Mercedes and say "Hell to the no!" Because they'd probably just end up making out in the choir room or whatever instead of finishing algebra homework.

And while I think Blaine's character seems responsible and wouldn't let his studies slip, let's be honest, college is just around the corner. If he's trying to get into a top university, don't you think he should continue going to Dalton?

I just thought the details of Blaine's transfer was totally unrealistic. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails