Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Cheese Touch

There is something going around my school kids call the cheese touch. I saw kids touching other kids and saying "now you have it." There were whispers during reading time, "who has the cheese touch right now?" There was chasing. There was complaining. "I'm not playing!" It was utter chaos.

I was like "If I hear anyone say 'cheese touch' again, you are owing me part of your recess." It was that annoying. Finally one day, I witnessed a boy poking a girl and saying "cheese touch!" So what I did was touch that same girl and say "Now I have it."

Then I took the cheese touch home with me.

I had no idea what it was, though I wasn't concerned. It couldn't be infectious. I mean, what was I going to do? Turn into a wheel of Swiss? Like jerking on the playground, or hot Cheetos at lunchtime, the cheese touch trend has come to stay at our school, much like how an annoying relative or freeloader friend comes to your house and never leaves. I decided to Google cheese touch. I didn't think it would get any results, but it was worth a shot.

What I got was a hit for Diary of a Wimpy Kid on Wikipedia. All of my boys love to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, though I have only ever read a few pages myself. I knew the movie had come out this summer, but I hadn't seen it.

This is what Wikipedia told me about Diary of a Wimpy Kid:
It explains "The Cheese Touch" early on. It is very similar to the Cooties. In the book, a kid named Darren Walsh touches the Cheese with his finger. It is passed around the school, and later gets to a student named Abe Hall, who moved to California ends up taking the Cheese Touch with him.


I can only guess that the kid named the "Cheese" eats a lot of dairy products and maybe farts a lot. But the real question is, how can you start the cheese touch at a school where the Cheese is not a student? It's such an artificial game. But, for some reason, we have the cheese touch. Now I'm just waiting for someone to start the cracker tap.





Oh god look what I just found when I did a Google image search:




I hate whoever invented this.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, its just a game. Dont have to hate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails