Monday, October 4, 2010

Brutally Honest Student

Here is some homework that a student turned in to me. I started to get really worried about what she was about to say after the whole "I-know-that-you're-a-great-teacher-but-I-don't-want-to-hurt-your-feelings-because-I'm-going-to-tell-you-something-but-don't-worry-I-won't-tell-anyone" part.
                                          Click on image to enlarge

If you can't read kid work (and this is actually a really good one), this is what it says:

Dear Ms. Grossen,
I know that you're a great teacher, but I don't want to hurt your feelings because I'm going to tell you something, but don't worry I won't tell anyone. I think you are a 5th grader because you look like one of them. I know it hurts your feelings, but don't [let] it in your heart.

I thought for a bit about what to say to that. You'll see my quick scrawling in blue.

I think this is the first year that I don't have any students who weigh more than I do. Which is not to say I'm skinny, more to say that the kids in my room this year have lots of energy and exercise. Or you know, jump up and down in their seats. But I do have two who will probably be taller than me by Christmas. I can't wear flats around them.

Happy Monday

2 comments:

  1. Bahaha. I love it. Maybe we are all fifth graders masquerading as grown ups...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AMAZING! And I had to write that in all caps because it is just AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails