Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Read About Something Happy Instead

If you are looking for something to make you feel better about your crappy life, then continue to read this post. If you want out, then take a happy diversion and read this instead. Because I'm about to tell you why my life sucks so bad. I felt so bad about my life today, that I went to my sister's to cry and to watch Hoarders on her cable TV. Because Hoarders reminds me that other people have anxiety attacks much worse than I do, and that at least I don't have 17 dogs and 22 cats living in my house defecating all over the place, and at least protective services isn't about to take my kids away from me (though right now I sort of wish they'd take 30 from me).


I'm not going to tell you all of the reasons my life really sucks, because some things are too private, even for the world wide inter-web of blogging. But I will fully let you know that I spent a solid 11 hours at work today. I was at school until 7:30 last night for Open House, so that I could meet parents yesterday. I'm not even counting yesterday, that wasn't the 11 hours. Even though I was there so late, I had to wake up an hour early today so that I could get to school early this morning and prep all the stuff I needed for teaching today. And then I stayed for three more hours after school was over.

Because of this, I missed out on my kickboxing class since I was there too late. Which means that on top of being mad, I am also probably getting fatter. Because you know, I've only worked out for 3 hours in the past four weeks. And believe me, you don't want to mess with a fat, angry teacher. We're fierce.

You are just lucky I went to my sister's first and didn't come straight home and start writing. If I had done that, then this post would have been full of curse words. Probably even the f word spelled out in its entirety. And I don't even cuss.

Oh my word, I think I am turning into a psychopathic person with split personalities.

Now that you've read this far, I probably trust you enough to tell you other things. Like a truck driver traversing America, you're in it for the long haul. So why did I need to spend 3 extra hours after school? Well, because I had to plan for a substitute for Thursday and Friday. And I can't just write up any old rubbish, though I got so mad when the clock neared 6:20pm that Friday afternoon is not looking good for the kids.

Why do I need a substitute for Thursday and Friday? Well, because death steals your family, that's why. I didn't want to bring my Grandma into this because she doesn't deserve to be thrown in with an angry post about how much my life sucks; she deserves one devoted just to her. But I'll let you know the gist of it.

My maternal grandpa died in the middle of August. It was sudden and unexpected and now he's gone and my mom no longer has her father. Last Thursday my paternal grandma passed away. It wasn't a huge shock as her health had been failing, but it is still a loss. And now the other side of my family is hurting. She's gone, and my dad no longer has either of his parents. Two deaths in less than a month is kind of hard.

You don't need to care, you really don't. But I just want you to know that I'm not some perfect person with a really awesome life. I'm real, just like you are, and right now I feel like I'm suffocating.

If I left you feeling a bit depressed, I'm sorry. Just remember, probably somebody out there still loves you. I will if you want me to. For reals.

1 comment:

  1. So i read your post, and i dont think it is nearly as bad as you feel. thats life. there will be its ups and downs. its all about perspective. learn to look at things in a new light and don't look at everything so negatively. Because if you constantly fill your head with these negative things then your life will continue to be negative. i hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails