Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Recovery??

The weekend is a really great time to drown out the horrible reality of my life. So what I did was on Friday night I watched an episode of Covert Affairs on Hulu, and then I watched the pilot of Nikita (of which I will devote an entire post to soon, like maybe Monday or Tuesday). And while staring at my computer screen, I rapidly put peanut butter M&Ms in my mouth. They are my Jack Daniels. I also searched various websites for job openings, and found ducklings for sale on Craigslist. Then I went to bed at 9:15.


On Saturday I did two really great things for myself, to help get my life back on track. The first thing I did was put away the mound of clothes that I had worn in the past two weeks. Plus I did laundry. The second good thing I did for myself was actually brush my hair. I was about to jump in the shower, and was like "hmmm, maybe I should comb through this mane before washing it." Only I don't have a comb or a brush, I have a pick. You know, like for afros. The teeth are very much spaced apart, kind of like in the mouths of people from select towns in Alabama. While combing through my hair with a large amount of difficulty, I started to realize something. I hadn't brushed my hair probably in four days. Because what I do is take showers at night, go to bed with wet hair that I don't comb, wake up, and fix the curls. I didn't wear my hair straight one day last week, because it is a lot of work. So there I am, pulling through my strands, losing enough hair to make a wig, thinking this is not so good. But don't worry too much, because I still have enough hair for the both of us.

Then later on Saturday I went to the Oktoberfest with my sister in the pouring rain, but we were ready for it in ponchos, galoshes, and umbrellas. Okay, so actually just a light jacket, we're Oregonians. When I got home from eating deep fried mushrooms and strawberry shortcake (which comforts the soul), I did something that is not so great. I watched Teen Mom on MTV.

The thing about watching Teen Mom is, it really cheered me up. Because I don't have a step-father named Butch who has a mullet and is also my boyfriend's father, and I don't have a baby, and I'm not living in a ghetto apartment. Plus, I fully have my high school diploma. So watching Teen Mom really makes a person feel better about their crappy life.

After watching MTV and finishing off the large bag of peanut butter M&Ms, I finished reading my overdue library book. I'm not even going to tell you the title of it, because it was about a girl who had her brain swapped with a super model, so now she's living in this really hot body. Only her employer is trying to murder her, and the actual super model wants her body back, and the girl has a computer hacker boyfriend who wears fingerless leather gloves. Which is enough to make me say, "hey girl, maybe this guy is a bit sketch." But I probably shouldn't be so judgmental of people's clothes because he ended up saving her life three times. At any rate, you probably don't want to read it, and the only reason I did was because it was the last in a series (yep, I read more of them prior), and it was written by one of my favorite authors.

On Sunday I went to church and then spent four hours in my dungeon-like classroom. Which brings us to now. Now I am sitting in front of my computer about to hate life all over again, because tomorrow is Monday and I'll have to go back to work.

Hope you're doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails