Monday, September 20, 2010

Nikita: a TV review

I watched the pilot episode of Nikita, and I think so far so good. It has Shane West in it, which was a big motivation to watch, because you know, he's so handsome. But I mainly watched Nikita because I still miss Alias, and Covert Affairs is sort of lacking on the action. After watching Nikita, I read some of the comments posted on the show site, and boy were people riled up. I could tell they were people like me: people who watched and loved Alias.

Let me tell you the weird parts. In Alias, Sydney Bristow thought she worked for a black ops division of the CIA, (but it was really evil SD-6) and they had her fiance, Daniel Hecht murdered. Then Syd found out and joined the real CIA, whereupon she fell in love with the super hot Agent Michael Vaughn. Sydney worked to bring down the people she used to work for, SD-6.

In Nikita, Nikita worked for a hidden division in the CIA called simply, Division, as an assassin. Then she fell in love with a civilian named Daniel and he was killed by the CIA. Then Nikita has a relationship with another CIA agent named Michael. Nikita is working to take down the people she used to work for.

The CW show currently airing is based on the 1990 French film Nikita, 1993 remake Point of No Return, and the 1997 television series La Femme Nikita. Apparently Alias was a direct copy of La Femme Nikita. Now, I haven't watched the other Nikita, so I can't compare it to Alias, but I think that Alias had a good run and was an excellent show, even if it did share conceptual ideas. I sort of feel like the current Nikita has a lot to live up to. The tail end of the pilot had a surprising twist, though, so I have been hooked and plan to keep watching.

Any one else watch it? It airs Thursdays at nine on the CW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails