Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wudja get?

I gave my mother a very practical Christmas list. It was a good strategy because I wasn't disappointed at all when I didn't unwrap an iPad or whatever.
I am really excited to X things off of lists, so here goes

The practical list I gave my mom
1) Soft Lips chapstick (preferred flavor: vanilla)
2) Glide dental floss
3) toothbrush
4) toilet paper
5) Zip Lock sandwich bags
6) 2 cent make-up stamps (quantity required: 7)
7) razor blades
8) shaving cream (preferred scent: raspberry) (Thanks Natalie)
9) Warm Vanilla Sugar Bath and Body hand soap
10) Vitamin B
11) Airborne
13) My library fines paid off (my mom gave me an envelope with money in it labeled just for this purpose).
14) an interior passenger side door handle for a '98 Toyota Corolla (I had to pay twenty bucks for this, but it was totally worth it because the car place wanted to charge me 80. Instead, I had my mechanic cousin buy the part and install it for me. So now no one will die in a fiery blaze).
15) Ibuprofen (okay, so I got Advil instead).
16) colored envelopes
17) printer ink (I actually bought this myself from Walgreens for $6.50 two days before Christmas)
18) a baking sheet because Britt still has mine (since August) and I keep forgetting to get it from her
19) AA batteries
20) Scotch tape

So you can see that I need to still buy toilet paper and stamps. Though technically it still costs 44 cents to mail a letter. I won't sweat the razor blades or vitamins because I still have some of each. And okay, I have like one roll of TP left too.

Plus, I was really excited that my mom got me that new Amy Sedaris book from my first Christmas list. Also, my mom bought me this fuzzy brown zip up from Land's End. My mother adores Land's End. When my sister and I were kids, she'd try to make us order all sorts of things from that place, like flannel shirts and overalls. So on Christmas Day I found out that my sister, mom, and I all have matching brown fuzzy zip ups. I put it on and discovered it makes me look like a small bear cub. It's not really anything I'll wear in public, but I've been wearing it around the house for the past three days since it's quite warm.

And in case you were wondering how that whole sleeping on the floor by myself while my sister and Travis snuggle in the spare bed thing worked out, this is what happened: all three of us slept in the living room by the Christmas tree. My sister and I slept on roll out mats, and Travis got the couch. So I didn't spend the night alone. Plus, the ceiling in the living room has a small sky light in it, and I was all "hey, now we can see when the reindeer land." Which we totally did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails