Monday, December 6, 2010

It was meant to be you

I removed the original post that was here even though the guy I like still hasn’t asked me out. I figured my chances of a blog-discovered romance were like, nihl. Though I am pretty sure there are lots of people who should be in love with me but aren’t. I don’t think they read The Real Pretend.

As I wrote in my journal (okay, call it a diary if you want) “My words are all I have. If they don’t work, then it’s back to the drawing board. Without a pencil.” Which is pretty much true. I am more me through written words than I am in spoken conversation. My words are the only thing on my side. But I’m not sure they are enough to convince a person they should like me. Especially when I'm too late.

I still have a tiny shred of hope that someday a man will read my words and fall in love with me. I will write him love letters that pull at his soul. And he will realize that when I write "I love you," what I mean is "I want to be yours forever."

5 comments:

  1. You should ask him. Suggest a casual lunch like you want him to do for you. Do it now!

    I'm saying this because I've been in your position -- secretly hoping and waiting for someone else to take the helm in my life, expecting that since I'm an internet stalker other people are too. The truth is: they're not. He likely has never read this so it's up to you to be assertive and go after what you want. So do it, and never look back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might need to agree with the above anonymous comment. I'm thinking of a certain brave scene in a certain Sophie Kinsella book. Maybe we need to find you an annoying dead aunt to boss you around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wait for the bonehead. Just do it. Some of us are just, well, boneheads and don't get it . . . especially in our 20's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous Risk-Taker,
    Are you suggesting that I am also an internet stalker? Okay, so maybe I am. You suggested I never look back. If I were to inform him of my feelings, I don't think that I would look back. I'd be too busy running away from mortification to peek over my shoulder.

    Dear Natalie,
    You may remember that Sadie did quite a bit of yelling into the ear of certain men to get them to do certain things. This would be quite helpful in my case. You're right, I do need a ghost. Though it seems my most recently deceased relatives haven't stuck around.

    Dear Self-Admitted Bonehead,
    I don't think he is a bonehead because he honestly has no clue I like him, due to the fact that we never speak to each other. It's really not his fault that I'm such a moron. I should probably start liking guys who actually talk to me...oh wait, that makes no one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Jump and a net will appear"
    Do you watch Monk? If you do I think this quote will make sense. If you don't, you should, especially since you like detective work:)

    First things first, I think you should talk to him. Remember you are a free-wheeling, independent woman. You have nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails