Friday, December 12, 2008

Random thoughts from the week

From a distance it looked like some poor, pathetic minimum wage worker wearing a lion costume, only like he had taken the huge head off to take a smoke. Which, you know, was weird considering it was 7:53 in the morning (not the nicotine addiction part, but who wears such a costume so early?) I drove closer and realized it was just some large-ish teenager wearing a tan velour jumpsuit. A guy. Probably trying to look like a pimp. But all he looked like was a furry character out of The Lion King.

During lunch one day this kid got chicken nuggets. I walked past him while he was eating, and discovered he had drawn a smiley face out of ketchup on each individual nugget. Two little red-dotted eyes and a sloppy ketchup grin. I had to smile, despite the fact I wanted to pull my hair out that day.

I was in line at Big Town Hero when this old couple came in, all wrinkly and moth ball smelling with glasses and grayed hair. I watched them and wondered, when is the point that a wife wakes up and is like, "honey, you look old" ? Because obviously the aging process takes a while, but I'm sure the dude looked significantly different than his high school prime. Does she still think he's cute?

Sadly, lately I have been eating a lot of crap. Kaitlynn knows. She saw the grease ball, fake cheese quesadilla I got from Muchas Gracias the other day. I'm at a point in my sad, pathetic life where food just no longer matters. I shove some crusty old bagel down my throat in the morning not because I feel like eating, but because I know I should consume something to keep me from passing out in front of my students. This is disgusting, but I had (I say had, not have, because I just took care of the problem a half hour ago) all these plastic bags sitting in my room full of the leftovers from my lunches. I'd throw them away at school but typically they are full of silverware and tupperware from home, so I bring them back. Anyway, I was going through these sick-o bags and realized how much food I did not have time/feel like eating at school. And the amount of shitty microwavable frozen dinners I have recently consumed has grown exponentially. Anyone a personal chef?

My sister and brother-in-law (BROTHER-IN-LAW...so weird to see in writing) are coming back from their honeymoon on Sunday. Mostly I am excited for their return because I haven't gotten to go in her hot tub for a few weeks, due to crazy weddingness. But Christmas break starts next Friday at 3:30pm, and I know where I'm going afterwards.

Doesn't the price of gas scare you? Like, how many people got shot to make fuel prices would go down so much over the past two months? It hasn't been down past $1.89 since I graduated from high school. I am not necessarily comforted by the amount of money I have been saving. What's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails