Monday, June 23, 2008

Wal-Mart Celebrity Event

Let me just say that being really productive is not as easy as it sounds, because you have to count in the "I feel tired and want to nap" factor. That said, let me tell you about my Wal-Mart shopping experience.

Today I had to go grocery shopping for the Boys and Girls Club because I am teaching a cooking camp. While cruising the frozen food aisle, I felt like a celebrity among the paparazzi. This is because all of the food cases are dark, but when you walk up to them their lights switch on. I walked down an entire row, light after light flashing on. It was like sauntering on the red carpet and getting my picture taken, only with a metal cart and frozen blueberries. I had never seen this before, and I thought it was a pretty good invention.

Besides feeling like a celeb, I think I saw one while I was there. A model, anyway. I got in line behind this blond mom, blond son, and tanned, brunette daughter. Really the only reason I noticed them was because they were in front of me for about a half an hour since they had so many groceries. I think they were stocking up for a month long camping trip or something. Also, because the girl had funny spots on her arm like she tanned too much and then peeled so she had like white/pink splotches where the tan peeled off. Anyway, when I got home I visited http://www.nordstrom.com/ because I wanted to see if they had any cute teacher clothes. Imagine my surprise when I see this girl modeling the clothes.
I swear it is the exact same person I saw shopping with her mom at Wal-Mart. Like, they are unbelievably identical. I am willing to bet money that it's her.

So, you know, the next time you go to Wal-Mart, wear big sunglasses in case you go down the frozen food section, and be prepared with a pen and paper to collect autographs from teen models shopping with their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails