Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sleeping In

So ever since I started that job teaching in April, I haven't been able to sleep in past 8:30 A.M. Which is really sad, considering it is now summer. Every single freaking day (Saturdays included) for the past 84 days, I wake up by 8:30, many times sooner. This is not to say I get out of bed by 8:30. Since I am not a morning person, I try to stay in bed and sleep till at least 10:00 A.M. (if it's not a weekday and I don't have to go to work). It's a struggle. Sure, I may fall asleep for another 20 minutes, but then I just wake up again.

You might say "Joelle, why fight it? Just get out of bed and do something with your life." Absolutely not. I need to sleep. About twice on Saturdays I did get out of bed by 8:30 A.M. and the whole day was basically wasted. This is because I did everything that I needed to do for the weekend by 12:42 P.M (which could still be an acceptable waking up time on a Saturday) and ended up watching HGTV for the rest of the day. Plus, folding my underwear out of boredom.

Today I got out of bed at 8:30 A.M., after lying there for an hour and a half awake. I decided to get a drink of water. In effort to not accomplish too much in little time, I have not done everything that I needed to do this weekend yet. I only did lesson planning and new school year planning for 2 hours (because I am really excited for my job next year). Next I ate a bowl of Lucky Charms and started reading a new book (I finished I conquer Britain). Then I took a 20 minute nap.

I still need to:
change out of pajamas
take a shower
clean my room
eat lunch

See what I mean? There's not much for me to do during the summertime.
So after I do the aforementioned items, I will probably end up doing my planning for my new classroom and fold my underwear. I guess I will watch HGTV aftewards, because we are cutting our cable after this month and I need to fry my eyes on design shows as much as possible before July 1st.

1 comment:

  1. here's to killing our brain cells with mindless before-and-after design shows for the next week! :)

    LOVE SUMMERTIME!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails