Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I nearly died under a bookshelf

When I was driving home today I had this bizarro craving for onion rings. Sick. Usually I am not a huge fan of onion rings, but I really wanted them at 4:36 P.M. Today I had to do grades for my students. It took like four hours at my desk being bored out of my mind. I took some CDs and listened through seven of them. I still have 8 hours to go tomorrow, which means I better find more music so I don't go insane.

I have to finish cleaning tomorrow. I know you're thinking "Ugh. No fun." But I try to think of it like I'm on an HGTV special. Mission: Organize the Classroom. I have no problem throwing stuff out because none of its mine. Haha.

There are these two life endangering bookshelves in the classroom. It almost fell on my twice while I was organizing books. Then Mr. M, the teacher across the hall, tried to save me. Only while he was trying to steady the one bookshelf, the other one tipped over and landed on me. Nothing but my head and the tips of my fingers were visible. Mr. M had to get a crane to take the shelf off of me. Now I don't have to get a job for next year because I am severely injured and the school district is paying me 2 million dollars. Okay, okay, but the shelf really was wobbly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails