Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cantaloupe Head

So I went grocery shopping this afternoon and on my way out something caught my eye. It was an old, wrinkly man wearing flannel and cruising on a motorized scooter. Not like an old person scooter, but like a motorized Razor scooter. The sound of the scoot scooting wasn't the only thing that caught my attention. Atop the head of this old man was a bright orange helmet. The helmet was quite round, and for some reason the very first thing that popped into my head was "cantaloupe head." Then I put my groceries in my trunk and drove home.

Right now I am reading I conquer Britain by Dyan Sheldon. It's kind of a sequel to Sophie Pitt-Turnbull Discovers America. It's mostly a young adult (read teen girl) book, but it side-splitting funny because of how sarcastically it is written. So you know, don't judge me for not reading Jane Austen instead or something. Oh, how I aspire to write like Dyan Sheldon. She seriously cracks me up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails