Friday, March 18, 2011

Other Places

I've got a few last places in my house to show you. They are the less glammy locations, which goes against the theory that you should save the best for last. Because clearly this isn't. If this were the last chapter of a book, you'd be sincerely dissatisfied.

My laundry room is quite small and is more of a corridor in between the garage and the hallway to the bedrooms. I store most of my cleaning supplies in those cupboards. I guess the real question is, how often do the cupboard doors open? Or is the Windex getting lonely from lack of use?
Unfortunately, doing laundry is still a bore. I just don't have to carry it up/down any stairs any more.
What's behind skinny door Number One?
 I know you are dying to find out...
 Linens! Towels! Washcloths! A pink step-stool because I'm short. There is that brown quilt I mentioned in my bedroom post. Plus I am just crazy for those aqua floral printed sheets that are sitting on top of the quilt. They are from Pottery Barn and have faded due to the fact that I love them so dearly.

Oh heavens, this closet is embarrassing. But you might as well know.
 I keep a lot of crafty items in here, and my roommate keeps her games here (I am awesome at Twister, by the way). Basically I just shove stuff in here when I don't want it anywhere else. Surely you've got one of those spots?

Here is my spare room. It used to be Brittany's room until she got hitched. Now it is just quite empty.

Over Christmas break, I considered making this room purely a place for clothes. You know, like one of those giant walk in closets that Jessica Simpson has? I had grandiose plans of getting garment racks to put in the room, and shoe holders, and maybe even a really girly chandelier that drops from the ceiling and sparkles rainbow light across your cheeks as you strap on your Jimmy Choos in the morning. Only I'm not really that girl. Plus, I shut the heat off in that room to save on utilities, and I wouldn't want to get dressed in a place that is cold. So I nixed the idea. Maybe during the summer?

I mean, just look at all that space for my overcrowded clothing. Or a three way mirror. Like anyone needs that.

I'd show you my roommate's bedroom but I feel like that is an invasion of privacy. Plus, I'm not the one who decorated it. It is basically the twin of my spare room. My house has three bedrooms in all, and they are quite small.

My garage is really boring so I won't even show you that. I park my car in there, along with the multiple plastic storage tubs that hold college textbooks and childhood toys.

Well friends, tomorrow marks the end of House Tour Week. Thanks for being such a snoop. I've pretty much shown you everything, but check back tomorrow for a bonus video.

And if you want to share any links to pictures of your place, I would find it interesting, because I am a snoop too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails